25 Questions Asked At A Typical Medical Assistant Job Interview
Knowing what questions you'll be asked in a medical assistant job interview can help you prepare for the difficult work ahead.
Preparing for careers outside of the insular world of medical schools can be daunting. You have taken all your courses, you’re armed with specializations and degrees that make you marketable, and you even took a few internships to get your feet wet. Yet, there’s still that looming question: What will they ask me at my job interview? As the G.I. Joes always said, “Knowing is half the battle.” It’s a good idea to sit down and write out well-thought answers to some of the most common medical assistant job interview questions before you wind up in the hot seat, vying for a lucrative position.
1. What made you decide on a career as a medical assistant?
2. Have you ever volunteered at a hospital or clinic?
3. What rewards to you expect from a medical assistant career?
4. Would you consider yourself an independent worker?
5. Which of your past jobs did you like best?
6. Why did you leave your previous job?
7. What do you think your past employers / coworkers would say about you?
8. Can you tell me about a time where you had a conflict with a boss or coworker?
9. How would you describe your personality? What are your strengths/weaknesses?
10. Why do you want to work with us?
11. What are your salary expectations?
12. Are you willing to work over-time?
13. Would you consider yourself a “people” person?
14. Are you a multi-tasker?
15. How do you handle stress?
16. How many times were you late for work or called in sick?
17. Give me a situation where you had to use the protocols and procedures you learned in your school courses.
18. How do you handle upset or irate patients?
19. Do you know the difference between a medical assistant and a nurse?
20. Do you have emergency training?
21. Are you certified by the AAMA?
22. Is there anything you don’t think you would like about medical assistant careers?
23. Did you take any specialization courses in college?
24. Are you interested in going back to school for other medical degrees in the future?
25. Where do you see yourself in five years?